The mid-year school holidays are just around the corner, and it’s time to start planning some fun activities for the kids.
If you’re planning to stay in the Tweed Coast area, there are plenty of things to do that will keep the whole family entertained. From exploring local museums to taking a trip up to Tropical Fruit World, there’s something for everyone.
Here are some of the top ten activities for the mid-year school holidays to do in and around the Tweed Coast and surrounding area:
- Tropical Fruit World – Duranbah: Take a farm tour of an award-winning farm that delivers a unique experience to lovers of fun, food, nature, health & well-being.
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary – Currumbin: Get up close and personal with some of Australia’s most iconic wildlife.
- Tweed Regional Museum – offers an Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Tour that explores the history of the Tweed Valley and its people.
- Kayaking – Brunswick Heads: Rent a kayak and explore the beautiful Brunswick River.
- Fingal Head and Dreamtime Beach – natural beauty amongst ancient lava flows.
- The Crystal Castle & Shambhala Gardens – Mullumbimby: Explore the magical gardens and crystal showroom at The Crystal Castle.
- Byron Bay Lighthouse – Byron Bay: Take a walk up to the lighthouse for stunning views of Byron Bay.
- Byron Bay Beaches – Byron Bay: Relax on one of Byron Bay’s many beautiful beaches.
- Whale Watching – Byron Bay: Go whale watching during the migration season (June to November).
- Catch A Crab – Tweed River: Enjoy pelican feeding, yabbie pumping & trapping for live crabs at this fun family attraction.
Cherub’s will be open throughout the holiday period from 6:45 am – 6:45 pm, however, if you need an additional casual day, please get in quick as spaces are limited.
Wishing you a fun and safe school holiday break from Lisa, Ben & the entire Cherubs team.